In 1897, L.A. Kanouse built a general store on this site, naming it after his daughter Ina. In 1942, John T. Mys purchased the business. The first Farmall tractors were sold here in 1944. The Mys family continued operations until 1991, when it was acquired by the Smallegan family.
Over the years, Ina Store was the community post office, slaughterhouse, gas station, hardware, pickle station, and ice house, that product being harvested from nearby Little Haynes Lake.
In 1979, The Ina Store moved from the corner to its present location and ended its time as a general store, although Ina is still on the map. Now focused on providing agricultural equipment and service for the farmers of Northern Michigan, Ina Store, Inc. continues doing business here in Beautiful Downtown Ina.